Venue Additional Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Venue Additional Fields

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kkitchen
    Participant

We have added an additional field to our venues. It shows on the back-end, but we need it to be editable and show on the front end of the Community Add events screen.

Once we have this field, we will need to use it’s value as the default for the matching field on each event (for instance – the venue’s district should default into all events scheduled for that venue).

We have a child theme started and have made a few small changes and are not sure how to proceed with this. We followed yourtutorial but it doesn’t show on the Community Add/Edit.

Cliff

Hi. I’m glad you were able to leverage https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/additional-fields-for-venues-and-organizers/ in your customization. This sounds neat, but we’re unable to assist with advanced customizations like this, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

I’d guess you could leverage one of the hooks in the Community Events form or do a Template Override.

You might want to check out the source code of one of our Extensions, in case it might help you with customizing the Community Events form, such as https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/community-events-cost-currency-symbol/

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Venue Additional Fields’ is closed to new replies.