Venu and Organizer issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Venu and Organizer issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    B Ingram
    Participant

Hello,

When creating a new event the venue does not hold and the organizer adds a blank organizer. Not sure why either of these issues are happening. But please see the following event for more details: https://seedfaithfellowship.org/event/mens-discipleship-prayer/2018-03-20/

Barry

Hi there B Ingram,

Sorry to hear you’ve hit up against difficulties!

Your theme (“Church Event”) seems to contain a number of custom templates for event views. I’m unsure if those customizations shipped as part of the theme, or if you or a developer working on your behalf added them, or some combination of those – but what you are seeing is not typical of the default single event view.

If you made these customizations yourself or with the help of a developer you hired, can you temporarily disable them (as a way of determining if it is the custom templates that are at fault, then fixing them if so) or else can you reach out to the theme author/support team for assistance?

It seems likely that the issues stem from the custom templates that are currently in place, so assessing those and working with their creator feels like a great first step here :-)\

Let me know how you get on!

B Ingram
    Participant

Hello,

As far as I can tell there are no customizations. I used an existing event page to create my pages and just changed the data. For example, the Texas event was used to create our Passover event. Can you be more specific as to what changed?

Thanks,

Partnership Information
    SEED Faith Ministries International Fellowship
    701 Gervais St., Suite 150 PMB#188 |Columbia, SC 29201
    803-272-8417 | http://www.seedfaithfellowship.org | info@seedfaithfellowship
    Give Securely Online:

Barry

Hi B Ingram,

In that case, I suspect what we are looking at are a set of custom event templates that were bundled with your theme.

If for example you compare this event page from your site with this equivalent page from our demo site you can see the structure is quite different.

That’s not a problem in itself — making it easy for other plugins and themes (or individual site owners and developers) to override our templates and layouts is a design goal for The Events Calendar so it’s awesome to see a theme like yours which does this, but it also means that some of the problems you cited don’t have their origin directly in our plugin.

Instead, it’s worth reaching out to the theme developers as I expect the problems you’ve noted have their roots in the custom event templates they wrote.

Does that clarify things?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Venu and Organizer issue’ is closed to new replies.