Various submitting an event questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Various submitting an event questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Raede
    Participant

Regarding submitting an event as a community member, is there a way to remove certain fields?

For example, my members don’t need to choose an event price or tag. Can I get rid of those fields?

Also, any way to restrict certain categories of event? I want to have “Official Events” as a category where only I can add.

Courtney

Hi Daniel

You can achieve that by making a template override. We have a great article that explains how to do it here ยป https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

In your site, you would make a template override of the edit-event.php template file located at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community and comment out or remove the code that calls those fields you want to hide.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Various submitting an event questions’ is closed to new replies.