Variable Pricing & Multibuys

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Variable Pricing & Multibuys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hi there!

I have a very annoying issue that I’m hoping you’ll be able to get to the bottom of.
    I’m running an event that has two different ticket types. Tickets are £7 for adults or £5 for kids.

The issue is that I want to be able to offer a discount when four or more tickets are purchased, and make the tickets £5 each. Multibuys only work on an individual product, so if someone was to purchase 4x adult tickets, then the tickets would drop down to £5 each, but if, for instance, they bought 2x adult + 2x child tickets then this wouldn’t register.

I’m just wondering if you guys know of a way around this? Perhaps an additional plugin that I might need?
    I’m using WooCommerce as my eCommerce platform, just FYI.

Cheers
    Ben

George
    Participant

Hey Ben,

Thanks for reaching out! Our ticketing plugins themselves don’t provide “discount” functionality—this comes from the eCommerce platform you’re using with our plugins.

So if you’re using WooCommerce, for example, then you would use WooCommerce’s own coupon code/discount features, which you can read more about here ? https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/coupon-management/

There is no way to make a “buy x tickets, get y discount” coupon code with our plugins out-of-the-box — you would need to tinker with WooCommerce or even possibly use a WooCommerce Extension that would allow for more advanced coupons. But with WooCommerce out-of-the-box, for example, you can set a “Minimum spend” value for a given coupon code to work; so if tickets are $20 apiece, and you only want a discount code to work for folks buying four or more tickets, you can set the minimum spend value for that discount code to $80 and thus basically pull off the sort of discount you describe.

I hope this information helps!
    George

Dan
    Participant

Hey George,

Thanks for the prompt response!
    Yep, looks like coupons are the way to go, thanks very much for the help

Cheers
    Ben

George
    Participant

😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Variable Pricing & Multibuys’ is closed to new replies.