Using WP Media Uploader/Libary instead of plain upload function

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Using WP Media Uploader/Libary instead of plain upload function

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ben06
    Participant

Hi!

I use Community Events to provide Editors/Superusers the possibility to add events at the front end. The access to the Community Events forms is user restricted with the Ultimate Members plug in. To avoid uploading the same picture again and again, I would prefer very much to access the WP Media Uploader/Libary. Beside this I use the WP Media Folder Plugin and could organize the files in folders at upload that way. I checked your code but I’m stuck at which point and how do you transfer the file to the server since I cant find a action in the form. Help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Cliff

Hi, Benjamin.

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/image.php is the module loaded by Line 58 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php

You could use our Themer’s Guide to customize the edit-event.php file to your liking (e.g. remove loading of that image.php module)

You could also add code there to use WordPress’ native media library.

If you do wish to custom code this, you might benefit from referencing https://code.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-integrate-the-wordpress-media-uploader-in-theme-and-plugin-options–wp-26052 (not written or guaranteed by us).

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5620219-community-events-native-image-file-uploader-on-s

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Using WP Media Uploader/Libary instead of plain upload function’ is closed to new replies.