Using Recurring Events in Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Using Recurring Events in Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twelvetrains
    Participant

Hi,

I’m reluctant to renew Events Calendar PRO because of the issue with tickets on recurring events. For a client, we have a daily recurrent event with a ticket for max 25 attendants. But, quoting the message in the ticket config screen, this creates a huge issue for us:

“Currently, Tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.”

Has this been fixed in the newest release of the plugin?

Yes, we know that you can break a single event but as there are 365 events in a year, this is not a workable solution. I haven’t been able to find if/or how it’s possible to break all instances of a recurring event.

Thanks,
    Carsten

Cliff

Hi Carsten.

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, this feature doesn’t exist yet.

You can add your vote to it and track its progress at: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets

Adding your vote helps us gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Although it says “Started”, I can’t say it’s “coming soon”. I’d suggest “months” but can’t say for sure.

===

Regarding breaking events from a series, it’s simply the WordPress post_parent field. You could get all the event IDs within a series and then clear out all their post_parent and that should work to break them from a series programmatically if that’s part of your goal.

Thank you.

twelvetrains
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve definitely cast my vote. 🙂

And thanks for the breaking events from a series tip. I’ll look into that.

PS: I’m logged into my account right now but I still have to fill in name and email. Where can I vote to have this fixed? 😉

Cheers,
    Carsten

Cliff

You’re welcome.

I’m unsure about that screenshot… maybe because your account doesn’t have any active/current licenses?

This is a public forum, not a private one. The Pre-Sales Forum doesn’t require an active account/login so maybe it requires the name and email fields for each reply regardless.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Recurring Events in Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.