using paypal to buy events calendar pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions using paypal to buy events calendar pro

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Morrell

I went to check out using Paypal and figured that it would come out of my paypal account but I am asked to commit to using my bank account. How did you get my bank account number? I don’t want to use my bank account and I don’t want you to have the number. I’ve never been asked this when using paypal and I’ve had an account with it for 15 years. PLease explain.

Steve Morrell

I also noticed after hitting Send that you also have my wrong website in your records – that was the address before going public when it was under under construction. go to the website in my email address.

Courtney

Hi Steve

I’d like to look into this further for you. However, I don’t see your email or name in our users. Are you currently a customer? If so, please log in and repost this issue.

If you aren’t a current customer, is there a chance that your browser has this information saved as a quick response? Chrome often has auto-fill information on it that users enter, not information we would be able to see on our end.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Steve Morrell

Below is a screenshot of what I am getting. I blocked out my bank info. I’ve never seen this before and don’t even understand it. I probably should have contacted paypal also. The last and only time I transferred money from my paypal acct to my bank was about 12 years ago, so it surprised me to see it. That’s how they got the info. I do have events calendar but downloaded it many months ago to my website when it was in development (it was a Go Daddy temp site not visible to web crawlers) and just launched it weeks ago under its proper name. I am now interested in PRO. http://www.southwindsmagazine.com is the site

screenshot:
    https://southwindsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/events-calendar-screenshot-paypal.jpg

steve

Courtney

Thanks Steve

It looks that that is one option within our purchase process. We recently switched from a one time purchase to a subscribe model, as most of our clients want to stay on for ongoing updates and support. To be clear, we do not have your bank info on file already. When you see that Paypal popup, it would be within Paypal’s realm as to what information they have. All that would be held in our system is your authorization to continue billing Paypal annually. I would suggest seeing what information Paypal has with your bank account to address those concerns.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Steve Morrell

On my old non-wordpress site before this new one, I ran into that for placing online classified ads and a similar screen came up to customers. It was so intimidating, that I got rid of it. Plus some people were afraid to commit to automatic renewal and it turned them off seeing the screen. To have that message come up about my bank account is pretty poor. This is why a lot of people hate paypal. They force stuff on you like this screen. But they have somewhat of a monopoly.

I’ll use my credit card to make the purchase.

thank you
    steve

Steve Morrell

I went ahead and purchased Pro, but before I got to the page, I saw there was a promotion going on at 10% off using a code, but when I went through check out there was no place to enter it.

I also noticed that my “subscription” even using my credit card says it will automatically be charged. That’s what I was trying to avoid by not using Paypal. I don’t want that. How do I turn that off?

Courtney

Hi Steve

https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/ has an option to turn off the renewal.

We applied the discount to you and you should see it reflected in your bank account within 5-10 business days.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Steve Morrell

thank you
    I also want to purchase the community events add-on. Did I miss something in processing the purchase of the PRO version to get the discount with the code, or will that need to be refunded also?

Courtney

Hi Steve

It looks like you purchased Events Calendar Pro but did not add Community Events to the cart before checkout.

When you add that to your cart, please use the coupon code “REST10”, based upon https://theeventscalendar.com/sale-black-friday-2017. That should apply the discount for you.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

southwinds
    Participant

I saw the coupon text this time around. Maybe I missed it when I bought PRO.

Everything worked fine

thanks
    steve

Courtney

Great, glad we got it working Steve! Let us know if we can be of further help.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘using paypal to buy events calendar pro’ is closed to new replies.