Using multiple categories with [tribe_events] shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Using multiple categories with [tribe_events] shortcode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Participant

Hi, I was hoping to be able to use multiple categories with your [tribe_events] shortcode but it appears to work only with one category. Running Events Calendar PRO 4.3.3 on WordPress 4.6.1.
    eg. If I have three events: training, meeting and visitor
    [tribe_events category=”training”] shows only training
    but
    [tribe_events categories=”training, meeting”] shows all events (training, meeting and visitor)

Assuming this isn’t supported at this time, would you be able to add it onto your development plans or let me know when it’s due to be included please if it’s already planned?

Many thanks.

Neil
    Participant

Ok I’ve worked out the solution. Add your desired categories to a parent category and put the parent category as the one in the shortcode.

eg. To show the training and meeting categories together on one page without the visitor category. Add training and meeting to parent category ‘boardroom’ and use this shortcode:
    [tribe_events category=”boardroom”]

Hope this helps others.

Geoff

Heck yeah, thanks Neil! Glad to hear all is working and I also really appreciate you sharing this with the community. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but let us know if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Using multiple categories with [tribe_events] shortcode’ is closed to new replies.