Using Eventbrite and PHP 5.4
If anyone is using Eventbrite Tickets on a server where PHP 5.4 is default you may see the following fatal error:
Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _POST in /var/html/wordpress/mysite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1268
A fix is in the works but in the meantime you can manually edit one of the core Eventbrite files to resolve this.
- Back-up, back-up, back-up! If you aren’t at home writing code, consider seeking expert help
- Open up your wp-content/plugins directory and find the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets subdirectory within that
- Using you favourite text editor, open the file tribe-eventbrite.class.php and scroll down to line 1268
- Stop! Don’t do anything just yet – make a copy of the whole file first of all
- This (line 1268) is the start of a function called payment_update() – change this function to the following http://pastebin.com/pW5YqSBj
- If that doesn’t solve the problem, roll back to your backed-up version of the file and seek help here on the forum!