Using Eventbrite and PHP 5.4

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Using Eventbrite and PHP 5.4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barry

If anyone is using Eventbrite Tickets on a server where PHP 5.4 is default you may see the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _POST in /var/html/wordpress/mysite/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 1268

A fix is in the works but in the meantime you can manually edit one of the core Eventbrite files to resolve this.

• Back-up, back-up, back-up! If you aren’t at home writing code, consider seeking expert help
    • Open up your wp-content/plugins directory and find the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets subdirectory within that
    • Using you favourite text editor, open the file tribe-eventbrite.class.php and scroll down to line 1268
    • Stop! Don’t do anything just yet – make a copy of the whole file first of all
    • This (line 1268) is the start of a function called payment_update() – change this function to the following http://pastebin.com/pW5YqSBj
    • If that doesn’t solve the problem, roll back to your backed-up version of the file and seek help here on the forum!
    Impact Hub
    Participant

I note this fix wasn’t added to the 1.05 release. Any idea when it will be included?

Barry

Hi Simon, sorry about that. Hopefully it will be included in the next release – I’ll add a note to the issue tracker to help ensure that this isn’t missed.

Tim
    Participant

Spent all morning trying to fix this one. It was working on my dev server then wouldn’t run on client server which happened to be on PHP 5.4.

When are you going to add this to the release?

Barry

Hi Tim – sorry for the inconvenience – it should make the next release. I’m afraid at this point I can’t offer up a definite date for that, however.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Using Eventbrite and PHP 5.4’ is closed to new replies.