Using event aggregator on staging server for testing

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Using event aggregator on staging server for testing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kirby
    Participant

I have added my license keys to our staging server, and the Settings > Licenses screen shows they are accepted:

Event Aggregator license key message: Thanks for setting up a valid key. It will expire on 2018-06-09
    The Events Calendar PRO license key message: There is a new version of The Events Calendar PRO available but your license key is out of installs…

When I navigate to the “Import” section, the Import Origin drop-down invites me to “Buy Event Aggregator” and the other options are greyed out.

On our live server all options are available (which is good).

How do I set up event aggregator on our staging server for testing? We are working with a group that has thousands of events to import, and want to test settings thoroughly before we start populating the live site’s content database.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 Let me help you with that.

We have a good article that explains how you can use one license for both your staging and production site > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

I see you are using staging as a subdomain for your site. Unfortunately, we don’t support subdomains to be used as staging/dev site for our licenses.

However, you should be able to activate your EA license on up to 10 sites. I can see your license already activated on two sites, so the connection status could be a glitch somehow.

Could you please delete your EA key from your stating wp-admin > Events > Settings and save, disconnect your license from https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/, and then re-enter your license again in your wp-admin settings?

Does it work for you? Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mike Kirby
    Participant

That worked for me (disconnecting/reconnecting the license key), I’m able to test the event aggregator on my staging server now. Many thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Mike!

Glad to know it’s now working fine for you! Thanks for following up to let me know about it.

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Using event aggregator on staging server for testing’ is closed to new replies.