Using custom taxonomy with events and venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Using custom taxonomy with events and venues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Henry

I have been trying to use a custom taxonomy I have registered with events and venues but can’t seem to have the taxonomy meta box show on the Edit Event pages.

I tried adding the following to the-events-calendar-class.php but it doesn’t seem to work.

‘taxonomies’ => array(‘my_taxonomy_name’)

Any suggestions?

Rob

Hey Henry. This one is a bit outside my area of expertise, but let me see if Jonah has any ideas. if not I’ll bring in another dev. Stay tuned.

Henry

Hi there Rob

I just wanted to make my custom taxonomy “tubestations” available to “tribe_events” and “tribe_venue”.

It is usually quite easy to make a custom taxonomy available to a specific custom post. When registering the custom post type you just have to specify an array of registered taxonomies to be used with the post type.

You do this like so ‘taxonomies’ => array(‘my_taxonomy_name’)

This doesn’t seem to be working with TEC. Hopefully Jonah can throw some light on it.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Henry, there’s currently no way to do this via our plugin but have you tried the native WP function register_taxonomy_for_object_type(): http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy_for_object_type

Jonah
    Participant
    Henry

I already tried the function with both the plugins_loaded hook and the init hook but it doesn’t seem work with tribe_events and tribe_venue.

it is strange because I can get it to work with custom post types and custom taxonomies that I have set up myself in fucntions.php.

is it possible for you to do a quick test at your end to see if it works for you?

Henry

@Jonah

Scrap that request – You can do it at the point of registering the taxonomy

http://pastie.org/3738806

works now. Thanks for your help.

Rob

Awesome to hear, Henry. Sounds like you’re all set here but let me know if we can do anything else down the road.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Using custom taxonomy with events and venues’ is closed to new replies.