Users can't edit events, edit link missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Users can't edit events, edit link missing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Dear Support,

I cannot get the edit events link to work for my members. It shows up when I am logged in as admin but not when I am logged in as a member. It is the same behavior that was noted by Laura in this post:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/registered-user-edit-links-not-showing/

I have tried to fix this issue in every way that I know how and nothing seems to work. I changed the type of user and checked the subscription status.

I am using the latest WP & ECP, Pro & Community Events. Message me for a link to log in.

John

Rob

Hey John. Thanks for reaching out here. Is this a custom role you created, or does it occur with all the default WordPress roles? Have you already checked whether it is a conflict with another plugin via the old deactivation route (assuming you have a test environment on which to do so)?

Let me know and we can try to troubleshoot from there. Appreciate your patience and sorry for the inconvenience in the interim.

John
    Participant

John and Rob,
    Have the exact same issue with our implementation. We’ve setup both the base Events Calendar and the purchased license of Community Events. We’ve tried a number of things including deactivating the plugins. I’m not sure this ever worked. My development site is at meinc.cc. I’ll send a sample subscriber account to Rob’s addy.

John
    Participant

Did a little more digging. The Edit doesn’t appear for Subscribers and Contributors. However, it will appear if the user is an Author, Editor and up. Author and Editor give too much control over the site, the Subscribers need to be able to edit their event calendars. They can enter events, just not edit them.

Joyce Grace

Hello John and John 🙂
    I think you need to install a user role editor and change the allowance of your users. I’ve heard of similar issues with the community plugin (not exactly the same, but still based on user roles).

The one I’ve used is called User Role Editor and I know it allows you even create new custom roles that are not any of the default WordPress roles. But there are many role editors on the WordPress repository at WordPress.org that you can look into.

Let me know if this helps – it will be useful for other users to know as well!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Users can't edit events, edit link missing’ is closed to new replies.