User unable to access admin pages after upgrade to 3.8.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO User unable to access admin pages after upgrade to 3.8.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Booth
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having a problem with non-admin users being unable to access the admin pages after the plugin is upgraded. They get the message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” when they try to log in.

I think the issue is that a page with details of the upgrade (“Thanks for Updating The Events Calendar”) is displayed after the upgrade. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, as an administrator who has permissions to upgrade the plugin will also be able to see this page. But in this case, I’m upgrading remotely, using the InfiniteWP system, so the upgrade page is not displayed. If the next user to log in is not an administrator, they are redirected to this page, but get the error message instead.

The problem is easily resolved of course by logging in as an admin, but it’s an annoying bug if there are a lot of sites to update.

Thanks,

Chris

Brook
    Participant

Howdy graphicscoop,

I am glad you detailed your special upgrade use case. Very helpful as we make our activation page more robust. We do have some changes to it planned for 3.9. Mean while, this snippet can be pasted in a theme’s functions.php file to disable that page from every showing. Or, perhaps it could be turned into a simple plugin and activated network wide? Would that work for now?

– Brook

Chris Booth
    Participant

Thanks Brook, that’s useful.
    – Chris

Brook
    Participant

I am happy to hear that. I will archive this topic since it is now resolve. Thanks for posting!

– Brook

Leah

Hello,

I just wanted to update you here and let you know that we have a fix for the issue your reported in our upcoming release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Keep an eye out for an update coming soon. If you are still experiencing issues after the update, please start a new thread and we’d be happy to look into it. Thank you for your patience and support while we got this corrected.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘User unable to access admin pages after upgrade to 3.8.1’ is closed to new replies.