User Permissions Won’t Stick

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO User Permissions Won’t Stick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hi there – I’m trying to alter the permissions for Authors. I’ve tried several different plugins, but each one always defaults back to the existing settings for The Events Calendar. For example, Authors have the capability to publish with the Events post type, I try taking that away and it comes right back. Why is this?

Barry

Hi Sean,

Well, each time our custom post types are registered (which occurs on every single request, as is the norm) we also add various additional capabilities to a number of default roles.

So, depending on how your capability editors are working it’s quite possible this is stopping you from removing capabilities even if it doesn’t prevent you from adding capabilities.

I’ll certainly raise this as something for us to discuss and potentially reconsider and update you from there 🙂

Barry

Hi Sean,

Quick update that we’ve actually got some work planned that ought to resolve this issue – I should be clear though that this is unlikely to be done in time for the very next upcoming release, though hopefully it will not take too many cycles to get round to this one.

If it’s essential for you to do this work, though, would it be possible for you to build custom roles and set those up with the desired range of capabilities (as opposed to editing the capabilities of default WordPress roles)?

Thanks!

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for the time being: we’ll definitely do our best to re-open and post and update as soon as we’ve got something further to report on this one.

Thanks again for your support and patience 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘User Permissions Won’t Stick’ is closed to new replies.