User Issues Adding Comm. Events, Multiple Duplicate Venues & Country Tag

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events User Issues Adding Comm. Events, Multiple Duplicate Venues & Country Tag

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Karen White
    Participant

1. User issues adding community events – just had news that a user is unable to add her event. It wouldn’t submit, so she gave up. Just created a test user account. Has the screen process changed? I now start on a screen with cart options (!) rather than the Register/Login email screen. Layout of information and buttons is messy and the process is now confusing. Advice appreciated? Will attach screen shots. Have listed a test event, but the Google Maps link and image isn’t showing.

2. Multiple duplicate venues – adding events from the backend to the Community Events plugin seems to result in the venues repeating multiple times in the list when they have been used more than once currently/in archived events. Logging in as Admin or a Community Event user, shows the pull-down menu of venues with multiples. How to prevent this happening?

3. We are developing http://www.veganeventhub.com and wish to add a Homepage image that links to all events happening in a specific country. We don’t want to add country categories as we already have 10 generic event categories. We’d like to tie this into the specific country tags rather than the long URL event ID Codes. Can you advise how we can have homepage country images which take the user to all the events for this country?

Many thanks
    Apologies for lengthy Qs. Advice appreciated.

Karen

Geoff B.

Good evening Karen and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with our Community Events plugin.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Has the screen process changed?

Yes, the look and feel of our interface has changed. But the process itself is almost identical.

I now start on a screen with cart options (!) rather than the Register/Login email screen.

Perhaps this is caused by WooCommerce.
    When logging in, by default a WordPress user is brought to the user profile page.

I believe that WooCommerce takes over that aspect when installed because he sees users as clients.

The good news is that WooCommerce lets you customize the profile page.

Layout of information and buttons is messy and the process is now confusing

Is it possible that you have done some template overrides (customizations) to the Community Events views ?

If so, they might be in need of updating.

2 quick tests (after a database backup) to see if the issue persist are:

1. if there is a /tribe-events/ folder in your WordPress theme, temporarily rename it to  /z_tribe-events/
    2. Try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen

If not, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Have listed a test event, but the Google Maps link and image isn’t showing.

You are right. There is a bug with the Google Maps settings not being saved when submitted through Community Events.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.
    We are actively working on a fix for this.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point.

But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

In the meantime, it is possible to force display all Google maps by overriding the setting.

You can apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/elimn/4cbdbf600e4d25842a824147b2e56e5e

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

2. Multiple duplicate venues

Short term, I would recommend using our Venue Duplicate clean up tool that appears under Events -> Settings -> General when duplicate venues are detected.

I will need to run some tests with your theme to know more.

3. Can you advise how we can have homepage country images which take the user to all the events for this country?

Your best bet to accomplish that would be to use the built-in tag field for that purpose.

It would result in a URL like veganeventhub.com/tag/italy/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for the issue with Google Maps / Maps link field not sticking 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Karen White
    Participant

Hello Geoff and Nico – thanks for the updates. Great that the maps bug is fixed. Attaching a screenshot of the buttons configuration.

It does seem that the community plugin isn’t very stable which is a serious concern. My Developer and I have done some testing and independently received the same results. Our login as a registered user on the Community Events plugin took us to the /wp-admin screen (as If we were admin accessing the back-end of the website). My Dev didn’t know why this was happening and I recall when I signed up last August it also randomly happened then. We weren’t able to replicate this as the next time we logged in we were taken to the correct plugin screen.

We did customise the right-hand space of the events registration/login screen to add very brief instructions. ie. Register with your email/name then login to add your events. This was lost in the upgrade. We haven’t customised anything else as far as I’m aware.

The duplicate venues is an issue as the pull-down menu is messy. If several events are being held in the same venue, I typically select the first venue of this name on the list. However, after event submission, the list now has one additional venue. If I run through the clean-up process, will the software know which duplicate venues (same name) have events attached to them? I don’t want to have events live without venues.

I will send this info. by email. [Send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end?] Please let me know which email is best?

Regards and thanks again
    Karen

Karen White
    Participant

Buttons

Karen White
    Participant

My community users are unable to retrieve their password and add events.

‘I tried to register, it says my email and username exist. I don’t remember my password.
    When I tried to reset password, it doesn’t progress, reset password page appears again
    and again.’

When I replicate this I am taken to the back-end admin login screen. I do not receive a password reminder. Please advise? Urgent as I’m currently promoting my website and the core feature is the functionality for users to register and add their events.

Thank you.

Karen White
    Participant

Please advise?

‘I can’t log into my account. There seems to be an account set up (ID XXXXXXX, email XXXXXXX) but I can’t access it. If you could send me new login details then I can add other events and make the changes to the one already online.’

Karen White
    Participant

Hello – quick update. We think we have found a solution. We’ve done some further testing and the new user registration/log in issues do appear to be linked to Woo Commerce. We have removed Woo and things appear to be working as they should. Our only option now is to run Woo on a separate host/database and link the two websites together. Any additional thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Karen White
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Karen White
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘User Issues Adding Comm. Events, Multiple Duplicate Venues & Country Tag’ is closed to new replies.