User is organiser

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events User is organiser

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    adamcrouchley
    Participant

Is it possible to have the user datails as the organiser of events? It seems strange that a user can create so many organisers in Community, and it’s especially annoying that it’s so easy for them to do this. Maybe there could just be the option – ‘Use existing organiser’ or ‘create new organiser’. As it is currently, it’s far too easy for users to keep adding new organisers, even though there are organisers already created.

Casey
    Participant

adamcrouchley,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Your users should have the ability to select from existing Organizers when they’re submitting their events (screenshot). Are you not currently seeing this functionality on your site?

adamcrouchley
    Participant

Yeah they can do that, but people normally just add their details and ignore the dropdown box.

Casey
    Participant

adamcrouchley,
    Unfortunately, what you’re asking for just isn’t currently possible. However, the Community Submission form will honor your ‘Default Content’ settings (Events->Settings->Default Content), so if you select an existing Default Organizer, then Community will honor that. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

I know that’s not exactly the response you’re looking for, but hopefully that helps to answer your questions. Just let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

adamcrouchley
    Participant

Bummer. Ok thanks for that.

Casey
    Participant

Since it looks like I answered your questions here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread, but feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘User is organiser’ is closed to new replies.