Use venue slug in url instead of query string with ID

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Use venue slug in url instead of query string with ID

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    usminteractive
    Participant

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to use the venue slug in the url instead of a query string with ID when using the filter bar? For example the url would be /events/venues/burlington instead of /events/?tribe_venues=128 . I am referring to the calendar view with the filter bar. Mostly wondering as it is a nicer looking URL and easier for the user to remember.

Are you able to point me in the direction of a filter or action to make this happen?

Thanks,
    Pete

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Pete!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with this topic.

The venues is a custom post type so, if you are using our permalinks best practices as it indicates in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/permalinks-best-practices/ a typical venue URL should look like this:

yoursite.com/venue/venue-slug/

If that is not working for you, try flushing the permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and clicking the Save Changes button.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Use venue slug in url instead of query string with ID’ is closed to new replies.