Use theme page layouts on calendar, list and single item views

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Use theme page layouts on calendar, list and single item views

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    iamchrisone
    Participant

Hi there,

My theme “Septera” has selectable page layouts for static pages. See attached screen grab. All event calendar views pick up the default theme layout.

I’d like to be able to choose different layouts for some of the views.Do you think it would be possible to use these layouts on the calendar, list, map, photo and single item views? Where would I start?

Regards,
    Chris.

Cliff

Hi, Chris.

I’d imagine you can select a Default layout for your theme and then playing with this option: wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab > “Events template” might make things work better for you.

If that doesn’t work, I’d suggest asking your theme author how-to for the tribe_events custom post type archive view.

Thanks!

iamchrisone
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah for sure I can set a default layout for my theme.

wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab > “Events template” lets me choose between my theme “default page template” and the the the “default events template”.

Both of those templates pick up the theme default layout. The crux of my issue is that my blogs page also picks up the default theme layout and I really, really want the blog page and the events pages to have different layouts. Once sidebar for blog page and 2 sidebars for events page.

It might well be that I need to go away and learn some PHP and CSS before I’m able to achieve this. I was kind of hoping that you might be able to point me in the right direction so I could come up what i’m after with some cut & paste / trial and error.

No worries, thanks anyways Cliff. I’ll post on the theme forums and see how I get on.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Cliff

Thanks for your thorough explanation.

The two template options in our settings should not be displaying the same, since one loads what is likely the same as your Blog page’s layout (from your theme) and the other is our own layout template.

Regardless, we don’t know each theme’s layout settings and therefore I wouldn’t know how to advise you to get your desired layouts on each different page. Per our Scope of Support / Terms, we do not provide support for integrating with various themes. However, on occasion we can go above-and-beyond. If you send me a .zip of the latest version of the theme, I can see what I can find out for you.

iamchrisone
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

Sorry. You are dead right. The default events template has a completely different layout, no sidebars at all. If you could either point me in the right direction for adding sidebars to the default events template or help me figure out how to instruct my theme to apply a specific layout to the events pages would be awesome.

<Edit> I think I just found via a link on another Events Calendar support thread how to add a custom sidebar to the default events template. This should do it no? https://www.ostraining.com/blog/wordpress/custom-sidebar/ <Edit/>

Just out of sheer curiosity and if you really don’t mind taking a look it would still be really neat to know how to get my theme to force a particular layout on the event calendar. I’ve attached a .zip of the theme. After diffing around, it looks to me as if the layout is specified in core.php from line 284 to 305. Some more digging around various other forums and I think maybe something like the following code in my functions php might do what I’m looking for. What do you think?

function septera_force_layout_class() {
    if( ‘custom-post-type-name’ == get_post_type() ) {
    $septera_sitelayout = “two-columns-left”;
    }
    }

Cheers,
    Chris.

Cliff

You could ask your theme author for support how to do so for one or more of these custom post types:

• tribe_events
    • tribe_organizer
    • tribe_venue

P.S. Your previous reply mentioned an attachment, but it didn’t come through. Attachments do not come through via email replies; sorry if this is what happened.

iamchrisone
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

File attached this time.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Cliff

Here’s a video of me confirming your findings: https://cl.ly/0k2I1B233B15

Really, you should contact the theme author and ask the questions from my previous reply in this thread.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Use theme page layouts on calendar, list and single item views’ is closed to new replies.