Use of Event Cal Pro on staging area

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Use of Event Cal Pro on staging area

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrozalsky
    Participant

Hello, my site is here: https://fhtaz.org/

I like to make edits on my staging site, then push it to production. Unfortunately, my staging area ends in .com so I know I can’t use the Events Calendar Pro on both my staging and production areas. My question is, how do I deactivate / activate each time I make a small tweak? Does this mean that every day when I make a blogpost, edit a page or add an event, I need to remove my license key from the settings before I push staging to production, then add it in on the production site (sometimes several times a day!)? Or, am I better off no longer using the staging area and simply keeping good back-ups of my site? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Cliff

Hi.

We always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

You could register just your Staging site to have the license and then push to Production. The license key is just to receive automatic updates, not for the plugin to actually function.

Finally, please referenceĀ https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/, andĀ let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Use of Event Cal Pro on staging area’ is closed to new replies.