Use Google Calendars synced with tiny Calendar – can Events Pro export to them?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Use Google Calendars synced with tiny Calendar – can Events Pro export to them?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KEV

I currently use Tiny Cal linked to my various Google Calendars to view my daily events. I can change events from my iPad using my google calendar and they update immediately to my website.

Question 1:
    Will Events Calendar Pro export to my Google Calendar.

Question 2:
    Will my Google Calendar or Tiny Cal feed import to Events Calendar Pro.
    Question 3:

Question 4:
    Will it work to export to Google Cal or not?

I read the forum response to Daniel sept 29. I’m not a tech – which is why I want to buy a calendar solution.
    Like Daniel, I do not want to buy Events Cal Pro if I have to double my work and re-enter every date/info into my Google Cal (which works perfectly and has multiple calendars) each time I post a new event into Events Cal Pro.

I don’t really understand how the urls below are used or if it works to export to Google Calendar. Does it work or not?

Here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

Please email me a response in non coder language.
    Thanks.

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today.

Nico

Hey Kev,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in our plugins as well!

I’ll start by answering questions 1 and 4:

(1) Will Events Calendar Pro export to my Google Calendar. (2) Will it work to export to Google Cal or not?

As stated in the response to Daniel you cite, our calendar has an iCal feed URL (example.com/events/?ical=1), you can subscribe to this URL via Google Calendar or any other calendar software (I’m not sure if TinyCal is a calendar app). What’s mentioned about having other URLs like example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published & example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year refers to importing events from a different time period, I guess that depends on your particular needs.

(2) Will my Google Calendar or Tiny Cal feed import to Events Calendar Pro.

Yes, you can import events from iCal feeds(from any source as it’s a standard format) to your site using iCal Importer plugin. This doesn’t mean a complete Sync, just import of the events from external sources. You can set up recurrings imports to fetch events from the feeds every 30 minutes, 1 hour, daily or weekly. Events already imported that have changes will be updated, although events deleted from the feed won’t be deleted in the site automatically.

Please let me know if your questions are answered,
    Best,
    Nico

Lokendra Kushwah

Hello,

My event will added by zoom here –

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=xpocentral%40gmail.com&ctz=Asia/Calcutta

There any way to import all event here and it is real time or take some time ?

Nico

Hi there Lokendra,

Thanks for chiming in here!

You can perform scheduled imports to pull events from Google Calendar feeds. This scheduled imports can run up to every 5 minutes, so it won’t be real time but pretty close 😉

Check out this article for more help on this → Event Aggregator: Importing Events from a Feed or URL.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Use Google Calendars synced with tiny Calendar – can Events Pro export to them?’ is closed to new replies.