Use color to focus user attention on current month days, not all days

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Use color to focus user attention on current month days, not all days

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Alderton
    Participant

Hello, when looking at our front end calendar of events in the calendar view (not in the list view,) we see inclusion of calendar days on the top row that are from the previous month and also calendar days on the bottom row that are for the next month. This is certainly expected by the nature of traditional western calendars.

Can the background color of those table cells for the previous month’s days and also the cells for the next month’s days be subdued or a different color from the cells of the current month’s calendar days?

If not, can you suggest the path where we might further investigate how this might be accomplished? Or alternately, can those preceding month or trailing month calendar days be eliminated from the month view?

Thanks for your help,

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

By default our plugin does do as you ask.

If you check out our demo site you can see that here:

http://wpshindig.com/events/

It looks like your theme includes customizations that removed this. I can try to help out, but limited in supporting 3rd party coding.

Here is the css we use by default:

.tribe-events-othermonth .tribe-events-month-event-title, .tribe-events-othermonth div[id*=tribe-events-daynum-] {
    -ms-filter: "alpha(Opacity=40)";
    filter: alpha(opacity=40);
    -moz-opacity: .4;
    -khtml-opacity: .4;
    opacity: .4;
    }

You might be able to use that as is or with some modifications to get it to work how you would like.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Mark Alderton
    Participant

Thank you for the quick reply, your code worked great.

For other readers, as suggested by Brian above, we do have a pre-built theme that was purchased from a designer who had also integrated Events Calendar Pro to their own preferences. They customized and overrode certain MT default CSS settings for this plugin.

Hunting for this code in our current Events Cal Pro CSS files and elsewhere found nothing. We then added MT’s code to the last line in our designer’s custom CSS file.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Use color to focus user attention on current month days, not all days’ is closed to new replies.