Use a different page template

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Use a different page template

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hello,

Can you tell me if it is possible to use a different page template other than the default site template or the default events template? My theme has several different page templates and I would like to use one other than the default. I’ve read the themers guide but can;t find the file that I need to customise to do this.

Also, can you tell me if there are additional events templates supplied with the PRO version?

Regards,
    Chris.

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Can you tell me if it is possible to use a different page template other than the default site template or the default events template?

Yes, any template can work as long as it includes the WordPress loop for WP archives to display properly.

You can select the page template to use from Events -> Settings -> Display

Also, can you tell me if there are additional events templates supplied with the PRO version?

Pro comes with many great features, but not additional templates.

With that in mind, there are quite a few premium WordPress themes out there that offer customization templates with our plugins. Avada and Eventica are 2 of the most popular ones, but you might want to research this.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Chris

Hey Geoff,

Thanks for responding. I will take a look at those themes. One follow on question if you don’t mind. The theme I am using has 6 different page templates but only the “Default Page Template” and “Default Events Template” show up in the drop-down in Events -> Settings -> Display.

Would you be able to give me a step for a hint as to how to remedy this or force use of one of the other tempaltes?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

As per your follow-up question, it really depends on how these templates are structured and declared. Each theme is a bit different on that.

So without seeing the actual theme, it is going to be tricky to answer.
    With that in mind, if you have not already, please ensure that these templates are declared for “Global use” https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/page-template-files/#creating-custom-page-templates-for-global-use

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Chris

Excellent. Thanks for the pointer. It’s not simple with theme I am using “Septera” but now I can go foraging in the right direction.

Geoff B.

Good evening Chris,

Hit us up if you have any further pre-sales questions.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Use a different page template’ is closed to new replies.