Url field and Cost filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Url field and Cost filter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rose Marley
    Participant

Hi,

I have just recently bought this amazing plugin and have a few questions:

1) I have added a new field called twitter and used url for the field type. Currently, when I add a url to a twitter field, the url text is displayed on the events page. Is there a way for me to change the url text to e.g the twitter handle for the client, but still have it link through to their page? Also, how would I go about adding more links to the same field – is this possible?

2) For the cost field on the plugin, the highest cost shows up as £4000. Is there a way to change this as the highest cost for an event I have listed is around £500 – any filter above this price is pointless on the site. Also, is there a way to add in a checkbox that filters for e.g just free and paid events?

Many Thanks,
    Ihtezaz

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ihtezaz,

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the plugin so far!

Replacing the link with the Twitter handle could be done via a customization – I think the easiest way to get the handle to display instead of just the link would be to create another field (a plain text field) that you would add the handle to. Then, you could grab the URL from the URL field and display the text field inside the link…our themer’s guide has some great info on customizing our plugins, so I would recommend starting there, and let me know if you have any questions!

Regarding the filter, it should show the highest priced ticket by default, including past events – I would recommend installing our Advanced Post Manager plugin, which will let you add filters to your events list on the back end. You can filter by cost, and that should help you quickly find any events that have a higher cost than 500 (see screenshot).

You could add in a checkbox for free events by changing the Cost field to “checkboxes” instead of the range slider – this article on configuring Filter Bar has some instructions on how to do that.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Url field and Cost filter’ is closed to new replies.