URGENT: Updated Community Events plugin – Fatal Error – site is now broken

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events URGENT: Updated Community Events plugin – Fatal Error – site is now broken

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hello, I just updated Community Events and I have no access to my site – frontend or the backend. The 2 error messages are:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #5 is not an array in /home/placeofstillness/attunementpractitioners.org/wp-includes/rewrite.php on line 1593

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/placeofstillness/attunementpractitioners.org/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/the-events-calendar.class.php on line 1486

I have WP3.5 and am not sure of the versions of Events Calendar Pro, Community Events or other plugins (I can’t access admin to check).
    Please advise as quickly as you can.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Tom
    Participant

I have tried remarking out the offending lines and the next error is:
    Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/placeofstillness/attunementpractitioners.org/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/vendor/wp-router/WP_Router.class.php on line 170

Tom
    Participant

I’ve rem’d out all the offending lines. I have access to the backend again. I have uninstalled Community Events and got basically the same error when I updated CEpro. Once again rem’d out offending lines of code. Backend is available. Front end will only show the home page – posts. Clicking on any other page in the menu gets no new page – stays on the main page.

Tom
    Participant

Just discovered that the

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #5 is not an array in… rewrite.php on line 1593

is from the Connections plugin. The fatal errors are from yours.

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    So sorry to hear that you’re having these issues. Were you able to deactivate all of your other plugins? Since I’m not experiencing this issue in my environment, I’d like to see if this might possibly be conflicting with another plugin.

Would you mind giving that a try for me? Then we can go from there and troubleshoot further. Thanks!

Tom
    Participant

Casey, thanks for your reply. Sorry I’ve been completely under water all day with my “regular job”. I have deactivated all the plugins. Then I restored the offending php files to their original condition (removed the rem’s). I reactivated just the base “The Events Calendar”. At that point no “fatal errors”, site looks fine, all my events data is still there, but the calendar (…./events) page is throwing a 404. I tried reactivating “EC Pro” and still no events page. I do see the “upcoming events” in my sidebar widget. Can’t figure out what’s up. Any thoughts? After we get that back I will reactivate plugins one at a time and test. Thanks, Tom

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    Try updating your permalinks by going to ‘Settings->Permalinks’ and clicking ‘Save Changes’ there. Let me know if that resolves the 404 issue.

Tom
    Participant

Casey, yes that worked. However now my sidebar is underneath the calendar instead of to the right of it. I’m using the “default events template”. Previous to this, that template was a full width screen with no sidebar. http://www.attunementpractitioners.org/events

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    I’m not seeing the same issue as you are. Everything seems to be displaying correctly on my end: http://d.pr/i/OvBB Is that how it should be displaying?

Tom
    Participant

Casey, you must have looked at it at the exact 10 seconds I was trying the “default page” template. I had to abandon that long ago because of what Andy’s Category Colors plugin does to it (you can see what I mean by that screen shot). If you check it now, I’m back to the “default events” template that comes with EC. There has never been any sidebar with that.

Tom
    Participant

In addition, clicking on an individual event brings up and even more messed up layout.

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    As this is an issue with your custom theme, we can’t provide support for that. I would suggest contacting the developer of your theme to see if they can help you troubleshoot.

We’ll be happy to help as needed from our end. Thanks!

Tom
    Participant

Any idea why it worked before I updated? I’m totally confused about what changed here. Is there some place to change the default events template? Thanks for your help Casey. I’m going to start adding back the plugins and see what happens.

Casey
    Participant

Just let me know what you find out Tom, and if you need any more help from us. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Tom,
    I’m closing out this thread since we haven’t heard from you. Feel free to start another thread if this issue still exists. Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘URGENT: Updated Community Events plugin – Fatal Error – site is now broken’ is closed to new replies.