Urgent. Event showing over 2 day period

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Urgent. Event showing over 2 day period

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BRETT
    Participant

Hi,

I have used the CSV import tool and it is importing the events whcih run from 11:59pm to 6am the following day. Unfortunately the event is showing up as 2 days which makes the calendar look somewhat undesirable and confusing.

Could someone advise why it is showing over 2 days and how to fix this bug.

You can see here: https://esparadis.com/events/2017-06/

It is urgent and important.

BRETT
    Participant

Hi,

It’s been 3 days and no reply 🙁

Can someone help.

Thanks

BRETT
    Participant

Hi guys,

Any response from anyone please. Bit disappointed no one has responded to anything.

Barry

Hi Brett,

Our apologies for the delayed response.

As explained in another topic we’re experiencing higher than normal demand for support. With that said, it’s worth noting that we don’t typically provide support on weekends but rather only through the working week 🙂

I have used the CSV import tool and it is importing the events whcih run from 11:59pm to 6am the following day. Unfortunately the event is showing up as 2 days which makes the calendar look somewhat undesirable and confusing.

Could someone advise why it is showing over 2 days and how to fix this bug.

What you have described is in fact exactly what I would expect and is not a bug. If an event starts one day (even if it starts in the last minute of the day) and ends the next, it should indeed display as spanning two days.

That said, I can see why this wouldn’t be desirable and we can certainly investigate some options. To start with, how do you want the event to be treated?

• Should it maintain a start time of 11.59pm, or are you happy for that to be modified to 12.00am the next day?
    • Should it show within the calendar on the first day, or on the second day?

If you could let me know the desired result then – though I can’t guarantee anything – we can start thinking about possible ways to achieve it.

Thanks!

BRETT
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is now becoming somewhat more confusing as I have done the exact same thing with some other events and they have not spanned over 2 days like some of the evnets have so something is not consistent .

The event should only display on the day of the start time. We have no requirement for it to span across the 2nd day as this is confusing for users.

Barry

OK – perhaps setting the End of Day Cutoff to a value like 8am would help? That setting can be found in the Events → Settings → General tab.

If you happen to have month view caching enabled (found in Events → Settings → Display) the impact may not be immediate, so you may wish to temporarily disable this while you adjust things.

Does that work for you?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Urgent. Event showing over 2 day period’ is closed to new replies.