Upload PDF Files

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Upload PDF Files

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeane Sumner
    Participant

I’m posting here to see if there is any progress toward adding the functionality of uploading PDFs in Community Events?

If not, does anyone have a recommendation from the “Find a Customizer” list of vendors?
    Any vendors who have done this for someone else?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jeane,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately there is not currently an “attachment” custom field type that you can add to the community form. We do have an open feature request for more field types, so we would love it if you could cast your vote there and add some feedback as to what types of fields you’d like to see added (such as attachments). I know this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but for the time being, one workaround could be to add a URL field where users can paste a link to the PDF (such as from Google Drive or Dropbox).

I’m not aware of any particular developers from our list that would be best to contact for this type of request, but I’ll leave this thread open in case any of our other users have any recommendations!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jeane Sumner
    Participant

Thanks, Jennifer.

There is an Upload PDF feature request that has more vote than the custom fields feature request you suggested. I went ahead and upvoted yours also.

Technically, they could do the same by adding a link (Drive or Dropbox) within the event description.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Perfect, I did not see the Upload PDF request when I looked, so I’m glad you found it!

They could do the same thing by adding it in the description. Depending on what you’re doing with the file they upload, it could be a little bit easier with the custom field because it will 1) highlight that they need to add the link and 2) show it separately from the description on the front end of the published event, making it a little bit more likely to grab users’ attention. I know it’s not perfect, but at the moment it’s the best suggestion I have!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload PDF Files’ is closed to new replies.