Upload a PDF file

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Upload a PDF file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carlos
    Participant

Hello,

I need that the users can upload a PDF file from the Community Events front end form that contains information of the event. I can’t find a custom field for file uploads. How can I do that, this functionality is a requeriment for the project.

Thank you.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You’re right, the best way to add additional fields to the Community Events submission form would be to use the additional fields available within the Pro plugin, however there isn’t a file upload available with those options.

There are a couple of options you could pursue here though:

1. Use a text field there that would accept a URL to the location of the PDF that the user could paste in.
    2. You can take a look at our Themer’s Guide along with the section on Community Events there to see how to customize the form. From there, you could add an upload field to the form (helpful thread using Advanced Custom Fields)

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give a direct solution here but hopefully this helps to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload a PDF file’ is closed to new replies.