Upgrading from free non-profit plugin to paid plugin at a later time?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Upgrading from free non-profit plugin to paid plugin at a later time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hello,

A web development client of mine is a 501c3 non-profit arts organization, and they need to integrate a comprehensive calendar system in their new WordPress site. Events Calendar Pro seems like the perfect solution, and I’m going to recommend that they use it.

To get them started, I think their best bet is to apply for your free non-profit version of the plugin as instructed here https://theeventscalendar.com/faqs/do-you-offer-discounts-for-non-profit-organizations/.

However, after their site goes live using the non-profit version of the plugin, if in the future they decide they need support or other features that only come with the licensed / paid version, can they easily pay for a commercial license at that time? I want to make sure this a no-hassle future situation for them (and me as their developer) — in other words, I’m hoping a future upgrade to paid / licensed is as simple as entering a license key into the already-installed non-profit version within their WordPress installation (without having to reinstall the plugin, or reinsert all their event entries in the calendar). Is it this simple?

Thank you!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Dave,

This will be as simple as them purchasing a license, then inputting that license in the license field of the settings page. It will be an absolute breeze. We even have a video tutorial here if you want to see where this field is located and where you go to find your new license key.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrading from free non-profit plugin to paid plugin at a later time?’ is closed to new replies.