Upgrading from Events to Events Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrading from Events to Events Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    3md
    Participant

I installed the free version and set up many events. I now want to use the Pro version, which I purchased; however there’s no way to enter in a license key under the Licenses section AND the Plugin will not let me update it – it says it’s the latest version (3.5.1). If I upload the Pro version of the plugin it won’t have my events. Please help. I read through the tutorials but it doesn’t work as stated in the migration tutorial.

Casey D

Hello 3md,

Thanks for upgrading! Sorry you are experiencing this right from the start!

There is currently a known bug in which the license tab displays no fields. Sorry about that! The update should be in the next release.

For now though, your Pro plugin should function just fine without a license.

There may be some confusion between the version numbers too; they are out of sync.

– The Events Calendar (free) is currently at 3.5.1
    – The Events Calendar Pro is currently at 3.5.2

If you just upgraded, these are the versions I assume you have. They currently don’t match and that’s ok!

Can you expand on this part?

If I upload the Pro version of the plugin it won’t have my events.

This is a common misunderstanding, but you must have both plugins installed, the free and the Pro versions. The Pro is just an addon and you won’t be able to do anything without the free version installed first.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello 3md,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrading from Events to Events Pro’ is closed to new replies.