Upgraded, but not sure if we've migrated.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgraded, but not sure if we've migrated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michelle

Hello!

We’ve upgraded and all seems to we working fine. As far as we can tell, no one has clicked the button to migrate the data. It is possible someone has done it without knowing. How do we check to see if it has been done? I’ve looked at all of the settings tabs – all the way to the bottom – and I don’t find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

So you upgraded from pre 2.0 to 2.0.8? There should have been a migrate data button after the upgrade and the only way to tell if it was clicked and you were migrated would be if you have all your old event data in the new Events menu. Are you seeing your events?

– Jonah

Michelle

Yes. I am using 2.0.8 and I can see all of my events. So it looks like I’m good! Phew!

Is there any way yet to have the calendar adjust for screen size/etc yet? My calendar cuts off the weekends and even more when the screen size gets smaller. I like the new calendar selector, but you still can’t pick a day on the calendar widget or change the day in the ‘event list’ display. I don’t really promote my events calendar because I know this isn’t ideal.

Events Calendar

Thank you!

Michelle

Rob

Hey Michelle. Glad to hear the core issue here is resolved. As to your second; have you tried switching to a different template under Events –> Settings, in the template tab? The plugin comes with a couple and your theme may bring in its own, and that is the first place to start. We can try to help guide you if it requires something more than that, though.

The calendar widget was designed as something intentionally bare bones when we released the 2.0 version of the plugin, as we’d gotten a lot of requests for it. We’re gradually tweaking it (the inclusion of the next/previous month links are an example of that) but unfortunately we’ve got limited bandwidth on the development front and have improvements to the broader core plugin’s stability that need to be resolved before we can modify that much further.

You should be able to select a given entry from the mini-calendar, but it doesn’t support links to single day view at this point. What do you mean by “change the day in the event list” display? Not sure I understand here but it’d be interested in seeing what you’re trying to accomplish so I can try to advise accordingly.

Thanks!

Michelle

Thanks for getting back Rob,

As you can see on my site (http://nwkidsmagazine.com/events/) I’m using ‘event list’ as my default view because you can’t see some days in the ‘calendar’ view. Unfortunately, with the ‘event list’ view you can only see today’s events. It would be amazing if there was either a date picker or a next/previous day button on top of the ‘event list’ view.

I’ve tried the different template views and it doesn’t solve the problem. It seems the calendar view needs to be ‘squishy’ for it to work.

Thank you!

Rob

Hi Michelle. Thanks for the confirmation, and apologies that it took me a few days to get you a response. (We’re a bit short-staffed on the support side for the next couple weeks). Thanks for explaining on the date picker/next day side…that’s an interesting request. Since each list view isn’t exclusively events from 1 day, the date picker might be the way to go.

Have you worked with a dev here on the forum to get the grid view issue resolved? If not, let me know and I can get someone to take a look – it shouldn’t look that way and I’d like to do what we can to get that figured out for you. Let me know whether someone has already told you if it’s impossible (which seems unlikely) and if not I’ll get a dev to try and advise.

Would that relieve the need for the date picker item discussed? It’d probably be an easier end to achieve in the short-term…

Thanks for your patience so far.

Michelle

Thank you for your response Rob. I mentioned it a while back and I was told I’d have to pay for customization, which I’m not in the position to do at the moment. Based on that, I assume it is possible. I would also think that this is an issue that could help a lot of clients.

If the calendar view worked, I’d use that as the default page and, yes, the need for the date picker would probably be mute.

Thanks again!!

Michelle

Rob

Hey Michelle. Alright then; thanks for confirming. Jonah is out for the next month but I’m going to see if our lead dev, Paul, can point you in the right direction here. That isn’t right and if we can do the right thing by you to get this resolved…we should. Let me see what Paul can suggest when he hits the forums next, either sometime this afternoon or over the weekend. Thanks for your patience on it so far.

moderntribe
    Participant

Hi, Michelle!
    Have you happened to run by this forum post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/calendar-sizing-on-page-wordpress/#post-21746
    It might provide the exact answer you require. Let me know if you need more help with it than that post can provide (or if I’m confused as to what you require, which may be the case). Thanks for using The Events Calendar!

Michelle

Thank you Paul. It works in full width, but with smaller screens (tablets/phones) content is still hidden.

Rob

Hi Michelle. Thanks for the follow-up; not sure how much we’ll be able to do on this end as we don’t provide full support for mobile/tablet viewing in the code quite yet. But let me see if Paul has any other ideas here.

Rob

Hi again Michelle. Just wanted to follow-up on this now that I’ve had Paul do some further digging. Unfortunately this is outside the scope of what we can provide support on, as we don’t have mobile support built into the plugin at the moment. You may want to hire a developer to take a look at this if it’s an important feature to have but we sadly haven’t got the support bandwidth to provide integration issues on something that specific.

Hope that helps and sorry we couldn’t offer up more. Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for your patience/support so far.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgraded, but not sure if we've migrated.’ is closed to new replies.