Upgrade to Divi 3.0.18 breaks Events Calendar Pro entirely….

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade to Divi 3.0.18 breaks Events Calendar Pro entirely….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

We’re running The Events Calendar, Pro, Community, Tickets, and Tickets plus (all part of the Events Calendar eco system). Everything was working fine. Then today, we upgraded to the latest DIVI version (from 3.0.17 to 3.0.18) and the event system went wonky. All events except for one disappeared from the front end – but are still there… in the admin. And the one event that remains has NO featured image, no way to register, etc. It’s a partial event listing. Divi 3.0.x Theme modified via child theme… so no native theme files have been touched. Simply modded via functions and css.

We tried disabling all plugins, switching to main divi theme, etc. to isolate. The issue ONLY appears when we upgrade to Divi 3.0.18. We’ve opened a ticket at ElegantThemes.com too…. But wondering if anyone has encountered this issue??

We have restored the site from a prior backup… so the error is not currently visible.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’m sorry you are having an issue after updating Divi. Let me try to help you out here. I’m a big fan of Divi so I’m also keen on solving this issue. 🙂 We haven’t seen anyone report this, I guess because the Divi update is pretty fresh.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask for some more information.

1. Are you using the standard The Events Calendar pages? Or you created new pages with shortcodes?

2. If you are using shortcodes, which ones are you using?

3. Were there any other issues after the update or only events not showing?

4. Is the event that was still showing somehow different than the others? E.g. is it recurring while the others are not? Multi-day? Anything?

Thanks for answering these.

I’m super happy to hear you managed to restore an earlier version to keep your site running. Lots of people don’t do a backup before doing an update, so good job on that!

Let me know the answers and we’ll take it from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Bill
    Participant

1) Yes, using standard pages

2) Sidebars added via content aware sidebar plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

3) N/A – not using short codes

4) No, rest of site worked fine post update

5) The broken event that “remained” but was unusable – is no different than the others – it was simply the last event entered, not sure if that matters…

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me on those questions.

I was testing this scenario with only our plugins and the sidebar plugin active with Divi and didn’t manage to reproduce the issue so far. I tried simply uploading 3.0.18 and also updating from 3.0.17 and nothing. All is fine.

Did you receive word from Elegant Themes?

Andras

Bill
    Participant

@andras – last I checked there had been no reply to my ElegantThemes post on this subject. I suspect it’s being side-stepped since it’s a quagmire of plugins, etc…

I thought i “had” narrowed in on a possible plugin conflict… but nope. When I get a chance, I’m going to configure a dev site… but then I’ll hit glitches with no Event Calendar licenses…. you guys should really accommodate a dev setup…. it would make life so much easier.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Bill.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Sorry, that there’s no reply yet from Elegant Themes. Hopefully soon.

Regarding licenses, you are allowed to use your personal license on a live site and on a dev site. Here is a detailed post on how you can do that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-for-your-live-and-dev-sites/

Also what came to my mind, since you have a whole bunch of plugins, if you can, try increasing the memory limit. If I’m not mistaken, you have it set for 256M now. If you can go higher try that.

I experienced a memory issue with Divi in a personal project. Divi builder didn’t want to load, only if I switched off some plugins. I couldn’t nail it down to 1 plugin and a memory increase helped.

Let me know where you get.

Cheers,

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade to Divi 3.0.18 breaks Events Calendar Pro entirely….’ is closed to new replies.