Upgrade questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I created a site late last year with events calendar, events calendar pro and wootickets. But it got delayed due to the clients graphic designer being late on voucher designs… yawn!!

Anyway, I will be launching in the next 4 weeks. But of course now there are major updates to contend with first. I will be doing the updates in a test environment until I am happy and I wanted to ask some questions to help me plan this out efficiently.

First of all, what is the best way to introduce these changes? I thought the order should be 1) events calendar and events calendar pro first and get working correctly with wootickets. 2) upgrade wootickets to Event Plus and get the full suite working together.
    What would your suggestion be?

Secondly, I made some alterations in my Child Theme (with tremendous help for you guys) to various elements of PHP and CSS coding. My concern is that these upgrades will effect this functionality and wanted to discuss the PHP changes here;

In summary these are the changes I made with your help;

I added ‘Ticket Price’ to meta data in single event view
    I added ‘Places Remaining’ to title in single event view
    I added ‘Ticket Price’ to the right of Title in List View
    I added ‘Places Remaining’ to bottom of excerpt in List view
    I added ticket price to the Title on Picture View
    I changed ‘Events’ to ‘Courses’
    I changed view in filter bar from ‘Photo’ to ‘Grid’
    I added ‘Sold Out’ to widget list of up coming courses, ‘Photo’ View, List View and Single Event View

Now it maybe that the new upgrades provide as standard some or all of these features. Perhaps you could advise as your website promo seems to focus more on what the back end does as opposed to what features a user will see (just trying to be constructive 😉 )

So, which of the above could be effected and do you still provide the help I will need to get these features back after the upgrade?

Many thanks !!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

First the update order looks good to me. I would get Core and Pro to the latest version and WooCommerce Tickets to 3.12.1

Then add Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus and deactivate WooCommerce Tickets and you will be all set.

As for the changes I did not see anything that jumped out as an issue.

The best bet is to upgrade on a test site and see what breaks and then work on fixes from there. I would think though everything could still work without issue.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

John Paul
    Participant

thanks Brian….

what is the latest version of WordPress that is WooTickets compatible with ? as WP is currently at 4.4 and I am on 3.9.1 at the moment

Brian
    Keymaster

WooCommerce Tickets should work from WordPress 3.9 to 4.4

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade questions’ is closed to new replies.