Upgrade Question

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carter
    Participant

I was notified on my plugin page to upgrade, “The Events Calendar.” I now have version 2.0.9. However I know get this message on my admin panel in WordPress to do this, “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 2.0.8. Please update now. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

When I click “Update Now” I am given this message, “The plugin is at the latest version.” What is the deal?

Carter

carter
    Participant

Can I please get someone to follow up on this?

Barry

Hi Carter: please accept my apologies on two counts – firstly for the delay in responding but also for the difficulties you have experienced during the upgrade process.

Regrettably updating to the latest version hasn’t been a totally pain-free experience for a number of people.

The fastest route to solving this, in your case, is likely to be as follows:

• Please ensure your license key has been entered: if it has not, do so now then try updating again.
    • If that makes no difference (quite possible, unfortunately) please manually upload the latest version of the plugins via an FTP client or your hosting control panel’s file manager.

Hopefully that will do the trick but please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need further help here, we’d really be keen to help you out here.

carter
    Participant

Barry,
    Thanks for being in touch I currently had to revert to an old version, because now it just has to work. I will follow your steps for the update once my event is over. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
    Carter

Barry

Sure – if and when you do update please also take care to note down all of your Events settings (if they are anything other than the defaults). Unfortunately we have had reported instances of settings such as After HTML and Before HTML, or custom slugs, being wiped on this update.

The dev team are aware and are working on it, but it is best to be prepared.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade Question’ is closed to new replies.