Upgrade Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upgrade Issue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alastair
    Participant

I’m currently running The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro – when i look at the available plugin updates i only see the upgrade for the PRO part and not the regular part:

There is a new version of The Events Calendar PRO available. View version 3.5.2 details or update now.

If i upgrade just the PRO part it does not fully upgrade everything. Why is it not giving me the option to upgrade both?

Barry

Hi – sorry for any confusion, here.

The latest version of The Events Calendar itself is 3.5.1, so if it is already at that version you need take no further action there. The latest version of Events Calendar PRO however is 3.5.2 (which includes a number of fixes) and so it may be that you only need to update this one.

Does that clarify things?

Alastair
    Participant

Both the Event Calendar and Events Calendar are running version 3.2.

The issue is that the Event Calendar Pro is showing that version 3.5.2 is available as an update. But the Events Calendar itself shows no update available at all.

Alastair
    Participant

Both the Event Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are running version 3.2.

The issue is that the Event Calendar Pro is showing that version 3.5.2 is available as an update. But the Events Calendar itself shows no update available at all.

Barry

That’s very strange … are other plugins/themes that you sourced from wordpress.org showing updates, then? Though we work our own magic to flag up when updates are need for our premium plugins in the case of The Events Calendar itself this side of things is left to core WordPress processes (and the WordPress plugin directory).

Whatever the cause of the problem, perhaps you could grab the latest copy and update manually instead?

Alastair
    Participant

All other plugins show upgrades fine, i had this issue previously with Events Calendar and i had to resort to installing manually and i was hoping to get it working properly this time around. Is there not something i can check to determine why the Event Calendar is not showing the update?

Alastair
    Participant

I just treble checked and whilst some plugins show updates available other are not….hmm need to figure out why that is the case….

Barry

Do you have any other premium plugins that, not unlike Events Calendar PRO, might source updates from a location other than the WordPress plugin directory? Basically any other commercial plugins (and this would extend to your theme)?

If so, it might be interesting to test deactivating them, then visiting the Dashboard > Updates screen to trigger a refresh of updates and see if everything magically starts working again, just in case there is a conflict somewhere along the line.

Alastair
    Participant

The plugins that i do see updates for are:
    BackWPup
    Dynamic Sidebars
    Slideshow Gallery
    Special Recent Posts
    The Events Calendar PRO

There is nothing commercial other than Events Calendar Pro.

Barry

That is odd. I mean, if you find deactivating Events Calendar PRO allows you to get updates for all other plugins/themes then that would give us something further to look into here – but right now I wonder if the problem may lie elsewhere and even be environmental in nature.

Alastair
    Participant

I disabled the Event Calendar and Event Calendar PRO and i’m still not seeing all the abailable updates – im happy there is a ‘general’ issue that is not specifically related to Event Calendar….

Barry

OK – that’s bound to be frustrating but I guess there isn’t too much that we’ll be able to do here given what you’ve described (except of course recommend you continue to update manually in the case of our core plugin).

If you do figure out the root cause of this issue, though, it would be great to hear about it.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade Issue’ is closed to new replies.