Upgrade during renewal

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Upgrade during renewal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Adcock
    Participant

I just received my renewal notice. I was waiting to upgrade EC Pro from Business to Agency so I could take advantage of the 30% discount. I can’t see how to do this with the link in the email. Advice?

Melanie

Geoff B.

Good evening Melanie and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If my understanding is correct, there is an automatic discount that is applied to the whole cart total as you click on the “renew” button: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/renewing-your-license/

In other words, the discount should still work for a license upgrade and that discount should be automatic.

In any case, you can safely test that for yourself by going through the process.

Please let me know if that does not work as intended.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

It worked that way last year when I went from one license to three. Not with this link. It puts a product in the cart with the discount already applied. If I tried to upgrade from my license page it wouldn’t add it to cart at first. If I add the Agency to the cart it doesn’t apply a discount. If I removed the discounted Business level and then click the Upgrade to Agency link add the Business level back in at $104. If I leave the discounted business level in and add the Upgrade to Agency nothing is added to the cart.
    I tried several combinations and this is what finally worked. I clicked the link in the email to add the Business level to a cart $104). I added the Agency to the cart (no discount applied) at $299. I went to the license page and click the link to upgrade. This added the Agency to the cart with the discount. I removed the non-discounted agency level and Business Level and I was left with the cart as it should be: Upgrade to Agency. Convoluted but it worked

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Melanie,

Wow, the system really did make you work for that discount. Yikes!

I’m mostly glad, you found a solution for your specific situation.
    Thank you for sharing!

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Upgrade during renewal’ is closed to new replies.