UPGRADE BROKE MY SITE

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO UPGRADE BROKE MY SITE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Perham
    Participant

Clicked Update link on Plugins page for new version of EC or ECPro (not sure which, didn’t pay close attention), got an error that the update failed “internal server error” and now I can’t load any page on my site!

Fatal error: Class ‘Tribe__PUE__Package_Handler’ not found in /wordpress/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/common/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 200

I just bought this and have found it a battle to absolutely anything. So mad.

Jeannie
    Participant

Same with my site. Got it back up but if I activate Events Calendar it breaks it again. Help!!

AMPERAGE
    Participant

This particular error was resolved by manually re-installing the non-pro The Events Calendar plugin with the latest version. However, it appears to Pro version also has a different error (I experienced both of these issues, myself). See my fix for the Pro update here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/update-caused-fatal-error-cant-use-function-return-value-in-write-context-in/#dl_post-1180234

Jeannie
    Participant

I dont have Pro. If I reactivate or update it breaks my site. Unless they have just within a few minutes uploaded a new version which fixes this?

Thanks for your help!

George
    Participant

Hey there,

We ran into an issue with the packaging of the 4.3.1 update of The Events Calendar and Event Tickets.

There are two main solutions to proceed and work around these issues.

First: Replace the Files of The Events Calendar 4.3.1.1

• If you are able to access your site files via FTP, head to the /wp-content/plugins directory and delete the /the-events-calendar folder there. This will not delete event content.
    • Once that is deleted, download a fresh copy of The Events Calendar 4.3.1.1 from WordPress.org ? http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar
    • Install this new fresh copy of The Events Calendar 4.3.1.1 on your site.

⚠️ Please Note: If you have Event Tickets on your site, you may also want to do this process for Event Tickets 4.3.1.1, available on WordPress.org here.

Next: PHP 5.2 Fix

If you do the above steps and still see fatal error when you try to access your site, then this is the result of your site’s server running an old version of PHP.

To proceed, first please contact your web host and ask them to upgrade the version of PHP they are running. While we do try to support old versions of PHP 5.2, because WordPress itself does, using out-of-date versions of software like this is bad for security and site performance.

You can contact your web host and request they update their servers by sending a message like this:

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress (https://wordpress.org/) web software and I was wondering if my account supported the following:

• PHP 5.6 or greater
    • MySQL 5.6 or greater
    • The mod_rewrite Apache module

Thanks!

Then, you have two options for a temporary fix:

• You can head to line 97 of events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php from this:

return ! empty( tribe_get_events( $args ) );

to this:

$tribe_events = tribe_get_events( $args );
      return ! empty( $tribe_events );

• Or you can delete The Events Calendar 4.3.1.1 and Events Calendar Pro 4.3.1 from your site and temporarily re-install versions 4.3 of both plugins until we release a fix for this issue—which we will do promptly and are working on as I type this response.

Thank you so much for your patience! Please let us know if you have further questions on this matter or anything else we can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Greg Perham
    Participant

I manually replaced the plugin files.

George
    Participant

Thanks for reporting bag, Greg. Really sorry for the trouble here!

Open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘UPGRADE BROKE MY SITE’ is closed to new replies.