recurrence description lost in update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO recurrence description lost in update

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks, I’m just trying to get a clearer idea of the state of the data I sent you. I probably mentioned what state it was in in my post which was deleted. Could you read my previous question again?

Nico

This reply is private.

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Matthew

Howdy Mike!

I made some tweaks to the script that you have been working with and ran it against the data dump that you provided with very positive results! The recurrence data was converted cleanly from the events that I spot checked and each maintained the description fields.

Here is a GitHub Gist with the modified script:

https://gist.github.com/borkweb/96bfab2120f6242c834e2b7423599061

If this script works for you, I’ll work on getting a patch in place to ensure that legacy recurrence data maintains the description field contents.

Thank you!

Matt

Steve
    Participant

Many thanks, this looks very promising. It seems to work well on my local copy. I’ll get the latest data from the live site, put it on staging, run the script, and get the client to have a look too. I’ll report back soon.

Nico

Glad to see Matt could reach out to you Mike!

Please let us know when you can confirm the script is working for you 🙂

Best,
    Nico

Steve
    Participant

I think we may have got there! I’ll open a new thread if there seem to be any follow-up issues, but for now the client seems happy that the conversion has succeeded. Many thanks for your help.

Nico

Thanks for the heads-up Mike 🙂 Really glad to hear the script from Matt worked!

This surely wasn’t an easy/typical issue, thanks for the patience.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘recurrence description lost in update’ is closed to new replies.