Updating email to customer after purchase

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Updating email to customer after purchase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello,

I have 2 questions.

1. We are using recurring events but if a user purchases a ticket, they are only able to attend the date when they bought the ticket. When a user completes a purchase they get an email that shows the recurring event information.

For example:

“November 15
    |Recurring Event (See all)
    An event every week that begins at 12:00am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, repeating until November 30, 2017”

I would like it to only show the date here. Or just show the information regarding this single event, not all the recurring events.

I figured out how to remove all the information by commenting out this code in the email.php I set up in my child theme. However I would like to still keep only the date of the event. How would I update this to send customers only the date of the event?

if ( $include_event_date && function_exists( 'tribe_events_event_schedule_details' ) ) {
    $event_date = tribe_events_event_schedule_details( $event );
    }

2. My second question is that I’d like this email to also show the event details. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out!

First, I want to point out that recurring event support for tickets is limited…you can add tickets to a series, but the ticket will be the same for all dates in the series. So when a user purchases a ticket on a recurring event, the only date that will show on the ticket is the first date in the series, not the date they clicked on to purchase the ticket.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, is this the date that you are trying to display? If so, then you can use the tribe_get_start_date function.

To show the event details, I would recommend taking a look at this functions list. You can use these to echo out the details you would like to include in the template.

Finally, please make sure you’ve copied this template into your child theme (by following these instructions) and are editing it there – changes made directly within the plugin files will be overridden the next time you update the plugin!

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Updating email to customer after purchase’ is closed to new replies.