Updates for a year

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Updates for a year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mike

When you say ‘Get updates & support for a year on 1 site’ – is updates referring to plugin updates? or just updates about events? If I purchase pro – will I continue to be able to update my plugin, or will I have to pay for continued updates after a year?

Geoff

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, updates refers to plugin updates. And you may absolutely continue to use the plugin even after the license has expired — you will simply lost access to future versions that are released.

On that note, please know that we recommend keeping our plugins in sync with one another so that they use the same versions — for example The Events Calendar 4.4 with Events Calendar PRO 4.4. That ensures all the plugins are fully compatible with one another. I wanted to point that out because that means you will want to avoid updating The Events Calendar once your Events Calendar PRO license expires.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Thanks,
    Geoff

mike

1) How much does a license renewal cost?

2) Do I need to use regular events calendar if I have events calendar pro? (I assume from your response that the pro version is not a separate plugin, but more of a plugin for the plugin).

3) My client is running workshops for people. She needs the ability for them to sign up for a workshop, pay through her site for the workshop, while also tracking participants for each workshop. What would you recommend being my best option of your products for this sort of feature? Essentially it is a service she provides that people will sign up for. I would like to avoid using another plugin such as woo commerce if I can simply use your product for all of this.

Thank you.

mike

Also, they don’t need to purchase tickets. Just pay for the workshop

Geoff

Hi Mike,

Thanks for following up!

1) How much does a license renewal cost?

The renewal price is the same as the license — it’s all the same.

2) Do I need to use regular events calendar if I have events calendar pro?

Yes, that is correct. Events Calendar PRO is an add-on to The Events Calendar so you will need to have both installed together.

3) My client is running workshops for people. She needs the ability for them to sign up for a workshop, pay through her site for the workshop, while also tracking participants for each workshop. What would you recommend being my best option of your products for this sort of feature?

Even though you specifically mentioned not needing tickets, this client request sounds very much like tickets to me. I personally would lean toward using Event Tickets with Event Tickets Plus for the selling and attendee report features. Plus, Event Tickets Plus integrates with WooCommerce, so that handles all of your sales reports as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Updates for a year’ is closed to new replies.