Update WordPress Page Title

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update WordPress Page Title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

http://rcrc.rumbletree.com/activity-schedule/

How can I update the “Events Calendar” title? Need it to be “Activities Calendar”.

I’ve seen lots of similar posts but none seem to address this particular change, or the solutions I tried did not work.

Thanks.

Hunter

Hey Chris,

Thank you for picking up a license for PRO and welcome to the support forums. What you’ll need to do is review our Themer’s Guide to familiarize yourself on how to create and save custom templates.

The ‘Events Calendar’ text is most likely a customization created by your theme author, so look for a folder inside your theme folder titled tribe-events (more info can be found in the Themer’s Guide). I usually search the entire folder for the string of text you want to replace and once located, make your desired changes.

Let me know if this answer helps and and have a great evening. Cheers!

Chris
    Participant

Thank you, as much as your advice makes sense it didn’t work. I tried copying the file containing the value I need to change to several locations without success. But I did find a solution.

Within /themes/parent-theme/framework/modules/events/events-functions.php there is a function that sets that page title. I copied that function to my themes functions.php and changed the value of $text from “Events Calendar” to “Activities Calendar”. That did it.

Here is that function:

if(!function_exists('wellspring_mikado_events_archive_title_text')) {
    	/**
    	 * Hooks to title text filter and alters it for events calendar page
    	 * @param $text
    	 * @return string
    	 */
    	function wellspring_mikado_events_archive_title_text($text) {
    	    if(is_post_type_archive('tribe_events')) {
    		    $text = esc_html__('Activities Calendar', 'wellspring-child');
    	    }

return $text;
        }

add_filter('wellspring_mikado_title_text', 'wellspring_mikado_events_archive_title_text');
    }
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Chris.
    Hunter

Welcome back,

Thank you for the response.

Within /themes/parent-theme/framework/modules/events/events-functions.php there is a function that sets that page title.

According to the above statement, your theme author has included customizations which override our plugin code. As you can see, I’ve bolded the overwrite structure. Either way, I’m glad you got the text changed to your liking and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or concerns. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Update WordPress Page Title’ is closed to new replies.