Update to Eventbrite Tickets 3.9.3 knocked site down

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Update to Eventbrite Tickets 3.9.3 knocked site down

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

It knocked down both the user facing and backend admin. I used Filezilla to get to my server and rename the plugin to bring the site back.

Any clues as to most likely conflict?

p88dadmin
    Participant

I have the same problem. I updated the plugin to the latest 3.9.3 and I get the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 412

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues.

We missed a function that is only supported in PHP 5.5 and that causes the fatal error in EventBrite.

We are working on resolving this ASAP with Eventbrite.

Sorry again for the issues.

p88dadmin
    Participant

Thanks, in the meantime are there any workarounds?

Code that I can go in and change?

Can I download the and older revision?

Brian
    Keymaster

The older version no longer works as the Eventbrite API changed.

We are packaging the fix now and hope to release within the hour.

Rob

Hey folks! We pushed a 3.9.4 release last night to address this issue. Has anyone had a chance to update and confirm whether or not things are running more smoothly for them? In our own testing, this issue was resolved with the new build. Let us know…and thanks for your patience so far 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to Eventbrite Tickets 3.9.3 knocked site down’ is closed to new replies.