Update issue

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Update issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Smith

Hi,
    I have recently taken over management of my church’s website. The previous team had paid for the Pro plugin so we could have recurring events, when the site was devloped in 2012.
    However – they have done no WordPress updates for 3 years.
    I’ve made a quick test site and updated everything – all works fine except that all recurring events now say – ‘this event occurs in the past’.

Can you just confirm that this is most likely due to the test site not having a pro license – so I had to remove the plug in.
    Site is at http://www.stmikes.16mb.com/ if you need to take a look.

Before I update our main site and buy a new pro license I would be gratful if you could confirm if this is normal / known behaviour without a pro licence. – I presume I should be able to update and buy a new license and all should work normally – but just want to be certain before I start playing with the main site.

thanks

Chris

Geoff

Hi there, Chris! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the snag here with the update.

The PRO license itself actually does not provide any functionality for the plugin, but does allow you to access the support forums (here) and activate automatic updates for the PRO plugin.

That said, it sounds possible that you may either be:

1) Running older versions of The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO on a newer version of WordPress and that both plugins need to be updated to the latest versions to complement the latest version of WordPress.

2) Running a newer version of The Events Calendar than The Events Calendar PRO. Both should be running the same version (currently on 3.9.1) in order to ensure proper functionality.

If you renew your PRO license, you will certainly regain access to update the PRO plugin and run the latest versions of both plugins together. 🙂

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Chris–thanks for following up and confirming the answer! I’m glad this helped.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Update issue’ is closed to new replies.