Update has crashed WordPress

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update has crashed WordPress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

Please help. After updating the Events Calendar plugin my site isn’t loading and is coming up with this error:
    Fatal error: Class ‘Tribe_Template_Factory’ not found in /home/newcross/public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/lib/tribe-pro-template-factory.class.php on line 8

What do I need to do to rescue my site?

Barry

Hi Simon,

I’m sorry you’ve experienced difficulties following the update.

That’s a particularly odd problem since Tribe_Template_Factory is actually a part of our core plugin (The Events Calendar) and Events Calendar PRO – which is where the problem is surfacing – shouldn’t run unless The Events Calendar is also installed and activated.

I wonder if some files were corrupted or something went wrong in the update process?

Can you:

• Confirm which versions of our plugins are currently installed on your site?
    • Let me know if it is just the frontend of the site which is breaking, or if you are also “locked out” of the admin environment
    • Try renaming the events-calendar-pro plugin directory – temporarily – to __events-calendar-pro (this, effectively, should deactivate it) … is your site accessible now or do you see a new but different error (what is that error if so)?

Ultimately, deleting and uploading fresh copies of our plugins manually may be necessary here, unless the problem actually originates from another plugin or custom theme code, or something of that nature.

if you can explore some of the options outlined above and let me know how you get on, though, that would be a great start 🙂

simon
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for your help.

I believe that I have the most up to date versions of all your plugins on my WP. Everything was updated yesterday but I can’t actually double check because I am locked out of the front and back end of the website.

I have done the renaming as suggested and it is now coming up with this error both for the front and admin sites:
    Fatal error: Class ‘TribeEventsPro’ not found in /home/newcross/public_html/dev/wp-content/themes/soundboard/functions.php on line 17

What can I try next?
    Thanks

Barry

Thanks Simon,

I appreciate you taking the time to do that. Here’s my hypothesis: your theme probably contains code that tries to access functionality from Events Calendar PRO or The Events Calendar, or both.

During the update process WordPress temporarily deactivates plugins; sometimes there is a glitch and if code from, say, your theme tries to access code from the deactivated plugins it can crash the site.

Did you add any tweaks or snippets to your theme’s functions.php file in relation to our plugins – or might it even have shipped complete with various customizations?

What I’d suggest here is now renaming the theme directory, ie from soundboard to __soundboard – this will forcibly deactivate it and a default theme should then be used in its place. That ought to allow you to login to the admin environment and re-enable our plugins – from there you can re-enable your theme of choice (you would probably wish to rename it before doing so, though strictly speaking that isn’t necessary).

Does that help here?

simon
    Participant

Thanks Barry! Now I’ve managed to get into the admin I’ve managed to fix it. Will remember how to deactivate for next time.
    Cheers

Barry

Awesome, glad it worked out 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Update has crashed WordPress’ is closed to new replies.