Update from WooCommerce tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Update from WooCommerce tickets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carrie Christensen
    Participant

Are we supposed to install a new plugin when we purchase Events Tickets Plus or just update woocommerce tickets?

Michael Shelton
    Participant

Jeff, if you have woocommerce installed, open an event in the admin editor, or add a new one, towards the bottom there’s a ticket area now you can choose between RSVP and WooCommerce, if you tick woocommerce here, you’ll see an add ticket button, when you add a tickets here, the tickets are also created as a product under the woocommerce products tab.

Hope that helps.

George
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out! (And thinks for chiming in, @Michael.)

When you buy Event Tickets Plus, you should ensure the following:

• DEACTIVATE any existing versions of “WooCommerce Tickets” on your site.
    • INSTALL and ACTIVATE the new “core” tickets plugin, “Event Tickets.” This is free and available here → https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-tickets/
    • INSTALL and ACTIVATE “Event Tickets Plus.”
    • Ensure that WooCommerce is updated to its most recent version, which is currently 2.6.2 (http://woocommerce.com)

☝️ Once you do all of this, you should be good to go!

Let me know if this helps,
    George

James
    Participant

I am trying to get my site working with the new plugin.

Should I disable this plugin: The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets

I won’t have a plugin simply called WooCommerce Tickets.

If I do decativate this will I have to then re-schedule all my events and create tickets and inventory again?

George
    Participant

Hey @James,

Apologies for any lack of clarity on our part. “WooCommerce Tickets” is just a shorthand way of referring to the full plugin title, which is indeed “The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets.”

Deleting this plugin WILL NOT delete any event data, though you may need to recreate tickets in some cases for upcoming events.

⚠️ Please note: While our plugins will not erase any data by design, it’s always recommended to back up your site and database before updating or installing any plugin or theme, though, regardless, so please do this before updating. You can search online for methods of making backups—there are many ways to do so, so use any option that you prefer.

I hope this information helps!

James
    Participant

I have everything updated to the latest versions.

The real problem I’m having is that no matter what I put into the Your Order box keeps returning with

Credit Card Number is a required field.
    Credit Card Expiration is a required field.
    Credit Card CVC is a required field.

This was happening yesterday when I started upgrading everything.

I have checked with stripe and I am not hitting their servers for auth so this is all a problem within the plugin as far as I can tell.

Any idea what causes this kind of behaviour?

If you need this in a new thread let me know.

Thanks,
    Jimmy

George
    Participant

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for your followup.

Opening a new thread is definitely the best course of action here, so that we can best help with your issue while keeping this thread focused on @jeff’s original questions.

Open up a new thread, and we will be responding as soon as possible,

Thank you!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Update from WooCommerce tickets’ is closed to new replies.