Update from 4.3 to 4.4 gives blank website

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update from 4.3 to 4.4 gives blank website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    beeldenstorm
    Participant

Hello

A year ago and now again (becomes i have time now) i try to update The Events Calendar plugin from 4.3 to 4.4 or the latest.
    But all versions higher then 4.3 gives a blank website without errors. So difficult to debug and find a solution.

Could this be the problem:
    Sinds i have updated The Events Calendar PRO plugin from 4.3 to 4.4 i get suddenly this red message in my Events Calendar account on the license page:

This appears to be a multisite install. Please purchase a multisite license for this site.

Before i have never seen this during purchasing a license, while this website is already for many years a multisite and working with an Events Calendar PRO license in multisite.

I could not deactivate all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict and revert to the Twenty Fourteen default WordPress theme because when the blank website appears i can’t enter the administrator page because also blank.
    Also i work on the “live” website because in a multisite putting changed files from the “test” website to the “live” website gives most of the time many problems.

Is the blank website without errors because of that multisite license problem?
    What can i do to get this working properly?
    What can i do to fix the problem with the multisite license?

Our current license expires at Apr 27th, 2018.

Thanks for fast reply, because i have got only one week to update this website and make the design better.

Kind regards
    Bart

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Meanwhile i have managed to do a test with standard wordpress theme and still complete blank website after update from 4.3 to 4.4 or higher.

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Nobody?
    Meanwhile while waiting i have checked the forum and the internet. No, solutions at all to find.

So, when i try to update from 4.3 to 4.4 or higher (latest also!) the website goes complete blank!

Website front-end and back-end are gone, blank, only white browser window, no errors, except:
    HTTP ERROR 500

This also with fresh installed standard WordPress theme?!

I know it’s vacation but when i pay for a plug-in, i want support and get a solution.

Regards

beeldenstorm
    Participant

It seams that a corrupt .htaccess file was the problem. Why only with latest version is a mystery. 🙂
    Deleting the .htaccess and putting back from a backup did the trick.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Bart!

I’m glad you could work that out! Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

My apologies for not replying sooner than usually expected here. We’ve been having a higher demand in our forums for the last couple of days and that caused us some delays.

I’ll go ahead and close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help.

Have a good weekend!
    Victor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Update from 4.3 to 4.4 gives blank website’ is closed to new replies.