Update event details from Google Calendar? Not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Update event details from Google Calendar? Not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have an event import that gathers events from a Google Calendar and posts to TEC daily. I have my settings set to “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.” I updated one of my Google events with a description, but then this description did not get updated on the TEC side (ie the TEC event is still blank with no description).

Here’s a link and screenshot attached:

Raleigh – ServSafe Manager’s Certification Class And/Or Exam Proctor

Thanks for your help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that issue.

Could you please share with us the gCal URL for the calendar you are importing events from? I will run some tests on my end and see if I can reproduce the same behaviour.

You can do so in a private reply if you’d like.

Thanks,
    Victor

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher!

Thanks for coming back with the gCal link.

I run a few imports with it, but I was able to update the description for the event in the screenshot.

Could you please try editing that event in your site, then edit the description (you can make a small change like one character or word) and save. After that, try running the import to see if the description gets overwritten by the one from gCal.

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Update event details from Google Calendar? Not working’ is closed to new replies.