Update

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The Event Calendar Pro update won’t automatically update. Do I have to deactivate it, and then upload the new plugin that I’ve download form this site?

Geoff B.

Good evening Amy and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

If a simple deactivation/reactivation does not enable you to upgrade the plugin, then yes.
    Please deactivate and delete the Pro plugin.

Deleting The Events Calendar or its add-on plugins will NOT delete any of your data if you delete it via the WordPress plugin manager because that’s how we’ve decided to code our plugin.

FYI: deleting <i>any</i> plugin via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (i.e. deleting just the files from the server) will also ensure a plugin gets deleted (if you delete the entire plugin folder) without removing any data from the database. This can sometimes be helpful to know in cases where a plugin <i>does</i> run an uninstall routine to delete data (again, our plugins do not run such a routine at this time and probably never will).

You can also see the difference when you click to delete a plugin, <u>like this</u>.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Update’ is closed to new replies.