Update 3.1 to 3.4 and home page error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Update 3.1 to 3.4 and home page error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hello Tribe,
    <p>I’ve been struggling with an upgrade from ECP 3.1 where after activation of 3.2 the site home page shows the following error. As long as ECP is deactivated, TEC 3.2 update works fine.
    <p>The page isn’t redirecting properly
    <p>Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the
    request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    <p>This only happens on our ‘live’ site. ECP upgrades and activation on a cloned site (subdomain) work without issue. Unfortunately, I must bring down the live site for maintenance to disable/remove all other plugins. Could you advise how to enable debug and logging so that I can gather run-time details and identify the reason for the page load errors?
    <p>I did try doing incremental updates to other versions (3.3 and 3.4) but with no success. Manually installing the TEC and ECP updates produced similar errors.
    <p>The site is running PHP 5.4.24 FastCGI, using 35M of 64M memory.
    <p>Thank you.

Barry

Interesting, I’m not quite sure why that would occur.

Installing the WP Debug Bar plugin might provide some useful information, but certainly our standard steps of switching to a default (and unmodified) theme and turning off all other plugins – seeing if the issue persists – then reactivating everything to try and isolate any conflicts is a good way to go.

Beyond that, if your cloned site is an exact duplicate right down to the database entries that suggests there may be some sort of environmental issue, unless the duplicate runs side-by-side in the same hosting environment?

We’d certainly be interested to help you get to the bottom of this one!

Andrew
    Participant

Hello Barry,
    Thanks for the kind reply. I will try the Debug Bar as well as looking closer at directory specific .htaccess and php.ini files. Can you think of any others to examine?

Andrew
    Participant

btw, the subdomain clone of www. is running an imported www. dbase and file structure.
    I followed standard cloning procedures; created subdomain and installed fresh WP. Dropped the dbase and imported www. dbase. Ran searchreplacedb2.php to adjust the domain name. Untar’d www. public_html to subdomain directory. Tweaked wp-config.php for subdomain.

Barry

OK, it definitely sounds like something that is specific to the environment the live site is running in. On the off-chance, can you try updating to our current releases (rather than 3.2)?

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this one – but if we can assist with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Update 3.1 to 3.4 and home page error’ is closed to new replies.