Upcoming Events Widget – Can we omit certain events from displaying?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events Widget – Can we omit certain events from displaying?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

Hi working on a big project hence all the questions. But I thank you guys for being so responsive and helping out. I really appreciate it! We have certain events that we would prefer not to appear on the Upcoming Events Widget. Reusing one of my previous images (http://networkinglinks.net/images/Upcoming%20Events%20Widget.jpg). We have a monthly Meditation Class as you can see if there are no other events happening all of the monthly meditation events begin to appear. We would like to omit. Can this be done?

Rob

Hey Lydia. Happy to help with these; while I’m hitting them in reverse order, I think I’ve tackled all the ones I’ve seen so far.

So are you just saying you don’t want certain events to appear in the list widget? What if you just created a category in which you dropped all the events you wanted to appear there; then set the widget to only show events from that category? In this case anything not assigned will not appear. Let me know if that’s too simple an approach for your needs.

Lydia

Hi Rob, it’s me again 😉
    Tried the category route as you suggested above however my widget doesn’t give me an option for categories. See attached image. Any ideas?

http://www.networkinglinks.net/images/widgetscreenshot.jpg

Lydia

Rob any ideas with this? thanks.

Joyce Grace

Hello Lydia, can you try using “Events List Advanced Widget”?
    This does have the option to show events from a specific category, but it is a drop down menu nearer to the bottom of the widget’s settings.

Do you have the Events Calendar Pro add-on activated?

Lydia

Hi Joyce!

That worked perfectly. Just so you are aware I maintain several wordpress sites 3 of them I use calendar pro (love it) but the other two I have to use the free version. So what I do is I update both so that I have consistency with all wordpress sites. I was able to fix the category issue with the Calendar Pro ones but how would I go about making the adjust on the free version or is this the one thing that’s not offered with it? Thanks again.

Joyce Grace

Hello Lydia!
    Glad that worked for you 🙂
    Yes, this is a Pro-specific widget. Have you considered getting a developer’s license for the Events Calendar PRO? You would then be able to install the calendar on as many sites as you like.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events Widget – Can we omit certain events from displaying?’ is closed to new replies.