Upcoming Events Widget – Can we change the way the time displays?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Upcoming Events Widget – Can we change the way the time displays?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

See image: http://networkinglinks.net/images/Upcoming%20Events%20Widget.jpg. I would like to change the display from June 12, 2012 12:00 pm – June 12, 2012 4:00 pm to
    June 12, 2012; 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm (its more of a cleaner look). If this is not possible than can we just list one time as oppose to an ending time for example June 12, 2012; 2:00 pm or list no time at all. Currently, the only way not to list a time is to select all day event however when that is selected then it appears as (All Day) this can be misleading. Can the (All Day) be removed if no time is selected?

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Lydia. Thanks for the note; this should be something you can control with the overall date/time settings for your WordPress site (under Settings -> General). If you need a point of reference on customizing that WordPress’ codex is pretty solid: http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time.

Regarding removing All Day…that should be doable, but I’m not sure how. Jonah from our dev team may know. I’ve asked him to comment to that point when he hits the forums next later today.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

Getting just the time to display is a little more complicated than we can help you with unfortunately. It becomes particularly tricky when events span multiple days because you would need to detect this separately.

I can tell you what you need to edit to get this working though. The code you want to work with is in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php lines 43-56.

To remove the “All Day” just comment out line 49 like so:

//echo ' ('.__('All Day','tribe-events-calendar-pro').')';

I hope that helps! Sorry I can’t offer up more.

– Jonah

Lydia

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for the response. Regarding the commenting out: is this a one-time code fix? or will this step need to be repeated each time you guys make an update to “The Events Calendar” plugin?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

I forgot to mention that you should make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme and make the above change, otherwise your change will be lost the next time you update. This goes for any of the template view files and you can read more about these files and the override system here: https://theeventscalendar.com/faq/what-are-template-overrides-and-how-do-i-do-them/

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming Events Widget – Can we change the way the time displays?’ is closed to new replies.